The Purdue Agribusiness Management Simulation: African Version, designed to be used in agribusiness management courses in African countries, lets students run a virtual feed and fertilizer store in order to learn about inventory, pricing, human resources, and financing. Learning objectives include:
- Conduct break-even analysis and recognize that while certain products in a product mix may be losing money, the loss is masked by other products' gains.
- Develop pro forma financial statements and conduct financial statement analysis.
- Be able to explain the difference between cash balance (cash flow) and profitability.
- Forecast sales and recognize the importance of seasonality in agribusiness firms.
- Recognize the impact of competitor decisions on results from your firm.
- Assess and analyze your performance as a manager or a team member.
There are NO REFUNDS on this product.
This agribusiness simulation is for use on Windows machines. It includes the following files:
- Simulation Manual (including attachments: Decision Form, Operating Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, Market Share Report, Record of Decisions, Record of Estimated and Realized Financial Results, Cash Flow Worksheet, Volume-Cost Analysis)
- Instructor guide
- Profitability linkage spreadsheet files (for optional use)
- Sample game results presentation (add your own data)
- Simulation Installer File (for installation on instructor's computer)
Optional data entry installer file and reference document (for installation on student computers)
Format: .ZIP file
Platform: Windows machines
Center for Food and Agricultural Business